Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Just a bone

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Forbidden Passions's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2006
    Posts
    2,326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Too true eh?*lol

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For Mum in case she feels neglected...

    A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish,
    unlike
    English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

    "House" for instance, is feminine: "la casa."
    "Pencil," however, is masculine: "el lapiz."

    A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?"
    Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two
    groups,
    male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether
    "computer"
    should be a masculine or a feminine noun.
    Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

    The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the
    feminine gender ("la computadora"), because:

    1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
    2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is
    incomprehensible to everyone else;
    3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for
    possible
    later retrieval; and
    4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending
    half
    your paycheck on accessories for it.

    The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be
    Masculine


    ("el computador"), because:
    1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
    2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
    3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time
    they ARE
    the problem; and
    4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a
    little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

    The women won.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess that'swhy this pc is a piece of crap LOL

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AHH I choked on my ice MUM!!! You are too funny!!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good one!

    I actually decided a long time ago that any computer should be female (for their stubbornness - unwillingness to cooperate unless you treat it right) so I gave all my computers girls' names. When Lilith died (named so because this PC was pure evil) I had Nikita (a feisty little thing) and after that I decided to give my computers gender-neutral names. Becuase I kept referring to it as "it" and not as "she" and whenever I talked about my computer, I both said "Nikita" and "it" and it made me come off really sexist.

    Now, my home PC is called Prometheus (for its god-like power) and my laptop here is called Ace (since it's an Acer model.) I think it's better this way.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My pc is named

    "WHAT THE FUCK?"!!!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah, WTF for short.

    Totally off topic, but I just remembered we had a great laugh today about a carton of milk. It was some sort of super low fat milk and on the side it said "tastes like homo."

    I'm still cracking up. Geez, don't use abbrevs like that when you get weird sentences. Doesn't anyone proof read those things?

    Let's have a drink!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rightous!!! That is one of the funnier things I've heard in a while...YUMMMMMMMM I love milk...
    Hey
    Got Homo ROTF!!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LMAO! We should send a cut out to Leno. My milk homo brings all the boys to the yard, damn right it's better than yours. Ah well. What were we talking about in the first place?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member wildnthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2002
    Posts
    2,759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by cherrysis:
    YUMMMMMMMM I love milk...
    Hey
    Got Homo ROTF!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="7">bahaha!</font>
    You nut! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •